Modem, FEC, and DSP solutions for free space optics
Our design solutions for free space optical systems development include optical framing protocols and simulation/emulation for various optical communications channels.
- Custom data rates
- Real-time channel emulation
- SerDes Framer Interface Level 4 (SFI-4) line interface
- MSA-compatible optical modules
Viasat design expertise
To address your specific free space optical communication systems needs, we have experience with:
- Free space optical links for 2.5G, 10G, 40G
- Optical downlinks in a fading channel with high-speed FECs and channel interleavers
- Field programmable gate array (FPGA) hardware for use in satellite cross link and laser terminal system segments
- Hardware that integrates with the system emulation test bench for design optimization
- Interleavers to combat atmospheric scintillation effects
Looking for an innovative solution? Talk to us about your needs.