High-rate Receiver 1200
The Viasat High-rate Receiver 1200 is designed for customers seeking to extend data rates typically used in X-band Earth Observation applications. The receiver is also ideal for current Ka-band applications in Earth Observation such as TDRS KaSA links. It is is a state-of-the-art digital modem that provides two independent IF channels with up to two demodulators/decoders per IF channel and achieves data rates of up to 1600 Mbps per IF channel for a total throughput of 2400 Mbps.
- Designed for extended X-band data rates and low-rate Ka-band satellite to ground links
Total throughput of 3200 Mbps
- Single modulator with full loop-back test capability
High-rate Receiver 3200
The Viasat High-rate Receiver 3200 was developed to take maximum advantage of Ka-band Earth Observation missions, providing up to 6.4 Gbps transfer rates and offering a substantial increase in data density for next generation satellite applications. It provides two independent IF channels either one demodulator and decoder per IF channel at 800 Msps per demodulator/decoder or two demodulators and decoders per IF channel at 400 Msps per demodulator/decoder.
- Designed for high-rate Ka-band and other high-rate satellite to ground links
- Total throughput of 6400 Mbps in dual-channel mode
- Extremely high-rate single channel downlinks
High-rate Receiver Front End Processor
The Viasat High-rate Receiver Front End Processor extends the features of the Viasat High-rate Receiver 1200 by providing data capture, processing and archive for up to 3.2 Gbps transfer rates and 4 Gbps transfer rates for the High-rate Receiver 3200. The processor can ingest two independent data streams and provides streaming and playback over 10 GbE Ethernet from the Viasat High-rate Receivers.
It processes and archives data at rates up to 4000 Mbps and performs raw-data and processed-data archiving simultaneously. The processor streams raw or de-framed data out in near-real time and provides streaming playback of archived raw or deframed data all over the 10/100/1000 BASE-T or 1000/10 GbE interface. FTP and SAMBA file transfer methods are also provided.
- Optional equipment to add data capture, archiving, sorting and playback capability to the High-rate Receiver 1200 and 3200
- Data capture, processing and archive for up to 3.2 Gbps and 4 Gbps transfer rates
- RAW bitstream archiving