for every passenger
Each passenger gets high-speed web browsing and access to online streaming media
Quality and affordability drive take rates four times the industry standard
High take rates drive interest from advertisers creating revenue opportunities
Allow airlines to offer high-quality in-flight Wi-Fi free to passengers
Exede In The Air In-Flight Connectivity for Commercial Airlines
The award-winning Exede® In The Air service has shattered the standard for in-flight Wi-Fi with unmatched speed, quality, and affordability. Airlines can now provide passengers a best-in-class connectivity and entertainment experience by enabling access to the high-speed web browsing, online streaming media, and productivity applications they have at home, all at a competitively low price or free to the passenger. At the same time, flight crews can access aircraft data to improve operations and maximize efficiency while in flight.
Passengers Get The Best Experience
- High-speed for every passenger. The big difference is a network that allocates a high-speed connection to each passenger, rather than an aggregate “bucket” of data to the plane that leaves passengers contending for low-speed, dial-up like service. With speeds up to eight times faster than alternate services, passengers can work, shop and stream like they never left the ground.
- Online streaming media. Only Exede service enables passengers to stream content online – from any streaming service – to any device. Bandwidth-constrained in-flight services block or limit online video streaming because they lack the capacity to support a rich in-flight media experience.
Airlines Gain New Opportunities
- High passenger engagement. Quality and affordability of the Exede service drives the highest passenger take rates in the industry – four times the historical rate.
- Increased revenue opportunities. High take rates generate interest from sponsors and advertisers allowing airlines to create new flexible and sustainable business models that increase revenue opportunities per available seat mile.
Highest Capacity Ka-Band Network Makes It All Possible
- Unmatched capacity and bandwidth. The ViaSat Ka-band satellite network delivers unmatched capacity and more favorable bandwidth economics that allow airlines to offer a high-speed internet and rich online streaming media experience at a competitively lower price or free to the passenger.
- Scalability to meet demand. Scalability enables airlines to keep pace with traveler demands for data-intensive websites, applications, and streaming media, while enabling flight crew access to aircraft operational data.
Best Wi-Fi In The Sky
Now well established in the U.S. on JetBlue and United Airlines, Exede In The Air is coming soon to Europe on EL AL. Airlines, industry experts, and passengers agree, it’s the Best Wi-Fi In The Sky.
"Most technically advanced systems available capable of streaming video. United and JetBlue are the only airlines live with Best Wi-Fi.” – Routehappy