for every passenger
Each passenger gets high-speed web browsing and access to online streaming media
Quality and affordability drive take rates four times the industry standard
High take rates drive interest from advertisers creating revenue opportunities
Allow airlines to offer high-quality in-flight Wi-Fi free to passengers
ViaSat In-Flight Connectivity for Commercial Airlines
The award-winning ViaSat in-flight internet service has shattered the standard for in-flight Wi-Fi with unmatched speed, quality, and affordability. Airlines can now provide passengers a best-in-class connectivity and entertainment experience by enabling access to internet streaming media, high-speed web browsing, and productivity applications they have at home, all at a competitively low price or free to the passenger. At the same time, flight crews can access aircraft data to improve operations and maximize efficiency while in flight.
Passengers Get The Best Experience
- High-speed for every passenger. The big difference is a network that allocates a high-speed connection to each passenger, rather than an aggregate “bucket” of data to the plane that leaves passengers contending for low-speed, dial-up like service. With speeds eight to ten times faster than alternate services, passengers can work, shop and stream like they never left the ground.
- Online streaming media. Only ViaSat in-flight internet service enables passengers to stream content online – from any streaming service – to any device. Bandwidth-constrained in-flight services block or limit online video streaming because they lack the capacity to support a rich in-flight media experience.
Airlines Gain New Opportunities
- High passenger engagement. Quality and affordability of the ViaSat service drives the highest passenger take rates in the industry – four times the historical rate.
- Increased revenue opportunities. High take rates generate interest from sponsors and advertisers allowing airlines to create new flexible and sustainable business models that increase revenue opportunities per available seat mile.
Highest Capacity Ka-Band Network Makes It All Possible
- Unmatched capacity and bandwidth. The ViaSat Ka-band satellite network delivers unmatched capacity and more favorable bandwidth economics that allow airlines to offer a high-speed internet and rich online streaming media experience at a competitively lower price or free to the passenger.
- Scalability to meet demand. Scalability enables airlines to keep pace with traveler demands for data-intensive websites, applications, and streaming media, while enabling flight crew access to aircraft operational data.
Best Wi-Fi In The Sky
Now well established in the U.S. on JetBlue, Virgin America and United Airlines, ViaSat in-flight internet service is coming soon to Europe on EL AL. Airlines, industry experts, and passengers agree, it’s the Best Wi-Fi In The Sky.