Critical Infrastructure Security
Secure Situational Intelligence
ViaSat’s cybersecurity control system defends against attacks to utility energy delivery systems and smart grids, addressing both internal and external threats to the operations network. Our systems and managed services can be adapted to your network to identify and isolate network vulnerabilities. Real-time monitoring uses distributed cyber sensors throughout the network to detect anomalies and quarantine compromised areas. Secure Situational Intelligence with actionable information leads to better reliability and resiliency of utility delivery systems.
- Real-time anomaly detection
- Increased reliability and resiliency
- Integrated cyber-physical security
- Quarantine compromised areas
- Streamlined compliance reporting
Defend Your Operational Network
An increase in automation and the drive for increased efficiency, reliability, and resiliency in energy delivery infrastructure is creating a changing threat environment for cyberattacks:
- Increased use of intelligent devices
- Systems more networked and automated
- Supply chain latent infections
- Lack of trust of indicators and sensors Increased government scrutiny and evolving compliance requirements
- Trend towards outage penalties
ViaSat is developing the next generation of critical infrastructure security to secure machine to machine communications, deploy distributed cyber sensors, and visualize the security status of the network. Our approach is based on over 20 years of DoD secure network experience, designed into smart grid automation using a customized systems-level security approach.
True to our DoD heritage we assume that the adversary is already in the system, and provide these security features:
- Distributed, autonomous security sensors
- Real time situational intelligence: complete PKI system for device/sensor authentication; VPN tunneling for all -security server and device/sensor -data and control communication; ability to quarantine compromised devices
- Audit and reporting
- Quality of trust monitoring
- Large system scale
Critical infrastructure owners and operators using the ViaSat system will gain a real time security overlay to operational and industrial control systems.
How to Buy
Contact us to learn more about our cybersecurity and situational intelligence for energy delivery systems.
See the Utility Cybersecurity Survey INFOgraphic conducted by Zpryme Smart Grid Insights for ViaSat.
Read the Utility Cybersecurity Study Results conducted by Zpryme Smart Grid Insights for ViaSat.