Turnkey systems, integration, training, and support for faster deployment and fielding requirements
Software tools to analyze Link 16 terminals and networks for improved operations
Broadest range of support equipment, including portable gateways and ruggedized racks
Link 16 / MIDS Tactical Data Links
In the chaos of combat, you only have seconds to identify a friend from foe before deciding whether or not to engage. And in today’s conflicts, friendly fire continues to be a growing risk as warfighters need to make split-second, life-or-death decisions.
With Link 16 communications from Viasat, you can now have a 360-degree view with all operators and assets accounted for in the Common Operating Picture.
We arm more warfighters on more platforms with the most secure, jam-resistant Link 16 communications so joint and allied forces have the ability to exchange situational awareness data (friendly and enemy) and command and control information in real time.
By packaging the most advanced capabilities into the smallest form factors, every warfighter, platform, and node can leverage the nearly worldwide presence of Link 16 to create an even more robust network and achieve the interoperability that’s needed across the battlespace.
That’s why we have an end-to-end approach to Link 16 communications, with innovations spanning from advanced networking capabilities to crypto modernization initiatives, to the broadest range of terminals available, including the world’s only handheld Link 16 radio.
- Built-in interoperability with Viasat’s family of Link 16 terminals
- Manage and troubleshoot your own Link 16 networks and terminals with Viasat’s software tools
- Better performance per dollar with Viasat’s support equipment so you can get more value out of your equipment and optimize your mission
- Lower logistics costs with in-country/field support to help you address repair needs much faster
- Reduce risk with 360-degree support from Viasat, including CONOPs development, training, network design, and help with lifecycle requirements
Interested in learning more? View our infographic to understand all of the benefits you'll get with Link 16.