Classified-Grade Security Built Into Networks, Devices, Endpoints, Data Centers Throughout Your Infrastructure
MIDS/Link 16 Communications and LOS Data Links
Australian Defence + National Security
Whether you are in the air, on land, or at sea – the need for seamless, interoperable communications is essential. With Viasat's Satellite Communications, Link 16, and Cybersecurity systems and services, we have an integrated, holistic approach that delivers far more operational advantages to your missions than any one part alone.
Viasat brings these integrated networking capabilities to the battlespace to help Australian Defence Forces (ADF) anticipate the emerging threats and challenges that lie ahead with the ability to:
- Provide assured communications: Viasat's Best Available Network concept provides a global, redundant system for ADF to access Viasat's global Ku-band networks, its more advanced Ka-band networks, as well as the Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) system. The Best Available Network allows terminals to roam across multiple networks to maximize resilience and collaboration for ground fixed, transportable, mobile, maritime and airborne platforms.
- Conduct more simultaneous operations: Abundant capacity will enable ADF to collect and send Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor data; transmit live two-way video conferencing and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls; as well as conduct Command and Control (C2) and Situational Awareness (SA) communications as prioritized traffic to many more platforms in a region, including the greater Southeast Asia and South Pacific regions.
- Transmit bandwidth-intensive, media-rich cloud applications: Fast data rates and more satellite capacity will enable 4K and HD video streaming to thousands of electronic devices simultaneously.
- Continue operating through an electromagnetic, terrestrial or cyber-attack: Built-in resiliency is provided through anti-interferer performance, gateway diversity, seamless satellite switching, and assured pattern re-routing to operate through gateway failures. Viasat's Active Cyber Defense automatically detects, mitigates, and attributes Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks against Viasat's network infrastructure. The resilient nature of the network will enable mission-critical communication packets to be protected and distributed safely, even in highly contested combat environments.
- Provide accurate, real-time situational awareness of friendly and enemy forces to accelerate the decision cycle in a complex environment: Leveraging a combat proven worldwide Link 16 network, every warfighter, platform, and node can be accounted for in the Common Operational Picture. Achieve digital interoperability with legacy communications and cross-force coordination enabled by Viasat's Link 16 handheld radio and networking capabilities.
We deliver these capabilities and more today, striving to defend Australia and its national interests.