Viasat Stream builds on Streaming Video Alliance work focused on making integration easier by standardizing common interfaces and terms. If you're a content provider interested in joining the Viasat Stream platform, we've included the current integration requirements below. As integration standards evolve, we'll update this page.
High-level technical summary
- Content providers may elect to have their content optimized for Viasat satellite internet in exchange for Viasat adding the content provider to Viasat Stream.
- Content providers may elect to participate in a pilot that delivers content for a subset of customers and in select regions for a limited time, while both parties assess the technical integration necessary to add the content provider to Viasat Stream.
- The pilot period ends once the technical integration is complete, and the content provider is fully onboarded to Viasat Stream.
Content provider requirements
- Viasat must be able to identify and distinguish participating content delivered over the Viasat network form other network activity. Viasat will work with content providers to help ensure that identification processes are successful.
- Participating content will be delivered using adaptive bitrate technology (HLS or DASH).
- Participating content will be delivered by the Viasat content delivery network (CDN). Multiple methods of content delegation are possible, and Viasat will work with the content provider to find the most effective strategy.
- Viasat will optimize delivery of participating content by limiting bandwidth and/or manifest transform (e.g., filtering renditions greater than 480p).
- Any changes to content provider process or technology that would impact the identification, delegation, or delivery of content via Viasat Stream should be communicated to Viasat in advance.
- Only lawful and licensed content is eligible for participation in Viasat Stream.
If you are a content provider interested in joining Viasat Stream,
please click the button below to send us an email and we'll get in touch with you to begin the onboarding process.