Sustainability at Viasat
Viasat champions our commitment to the environment by empowering a team to implement, monitor, and continually improve our ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System and Green Environmental Policy.
- We recognize, communicate, and educate the Viasat community on relevant environmental issues, regulations, objectives, and targets.
- We perform design, procurement, manufacturing, and operations activities in a manner that reduces pollution where feasible.
- We conserve resources by promoting recycling of applicable waste products and by monitoring and controlling procurement, storage, disposal, and energy usage.
Our V-GREEN Initiatives
- Charging Stations. Free electric vehicle charging stations that are in almost constant use.
- Solar Panels. Solar panels that produce more than enough energy to power the EV charging stations, with over 16,000 KwH a year returned to Viasat’s energy grid.
- Electronic Waste (e-waste) Recycling. Our most recent collection of e-waste netted 9,241 pounds!
- Three LEED Gold Certified Buildings. LEED is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices. These buildings save money and resources and have a positive impact on the health of occupants, while promoting renewable, clean energy.
- Corporate Rideshare Challenge. In October, 2015, Viasat employees traveled nearly 30,000 miles through an alternative commute. This effort saved 16,000 pounds of CO2 emissions and 750 gallons of gasoline.
- Recycling. We recycle batteries, cans and bottles, cardboard, furniture and appliances, glass, hard drives, lamps and other universal wastes, scrap metal, paper, plastic, printer cartridges, and even a great percentage of our hazardous waste.
- Gardening. An herb garden supplies fresh herbs to our dining facilities and for employee use.
- Energy Management Systems. These systems are designed to maximize energy savings and reduce waste.
Contact Vgreen@Viasat.com with questions and/or comments.
Learn more about Leed