Let every passenger stream the online content they care about
Access the REAL internet just as you would on the ground
Investing today to serve the needs of tomorrow’s global fleets
Lowest bandwidth cost per available seat mile and the only path to an ultra-high-capacity satellite network
Maximize revenue and service monetization opportunities
Service and network ops, performance reporting, onboard equipment, & passenger care you expect
ViaSat In-Flight Internet & Entertainment for Commercial Airlines
ViaSat in-flight internet is the service that gives you more, with unmatched speed, quality, and affordability so all passengers get access to the REAL internet with online streaming just as they would on the ground. Flexible business models allow airlines to offer a highly-differentiated in-flight connectivity and entertainment experience that drives passenger engagement and attracts high-profile sponsors. At the same time, flight crews can access aircraft data to improve operations and maximize efficiency while in flight. Find out why ViaSat is rated the Best Wi-Fi In The Sky.
Passengers Get The Best Experience
- Same Internet. Different Altitudes.SM - Go beyond curated entertainment to give passengers what they want— access to the REAL internet with the same personalized media-rich experience they have on the ground.
- Freedom To StreamSM - Only ViaSat in-flight internet service enables passengers to stream the content they care about – from any streaming service – to any device.
- High-speed for every passenger - The big difference is a network that allocates a high-speed connection to each passenger, rather than an aggregate “bucket” of data to the plane that leaves passengers contending for service.
Airlines Gain New Opportunities
- High passenger engagement. Quality and affordability of the ViaSat service drives the highest passenger take rates in the industry – four times the historical rate.
- Increased revenue opportunities. High take rates generate interest from sponsors and advertisers allowing airlines to create new flexible and sustainable business models that increase revenue opportunities per available seat mile.
Highest Capacity Ka-Band Network Makes It All Possible
- Unmatched capacity and bandwidth. The ViaSat Ka-band satellite network delivers unmatched capacity and more favorable bandwidth economics that allow airlines to offer a high-speed internet and rich online streaming media experience at a competitively lower price or free to the passenger.
- Scalability to meet demand. Scalability enables airlines to keep pace with traveler demands for data-intensive websites, applications, and streaming media, while enabling flight crew access to aircraft operational data.
Best Wi-Fi In The Sky
Now operating on JetBlue, Virgin America, United, and EL AL, ViaSat in-flight internet service is coming soon to American Airlines, Qantas, Finnair, and SAS. Industry experts and passengers agree, it’s the Best Wi-Fi In The Sky.