Portable Broadband Terminals
Our portable satellite terminals bring abundant, affordable bandwidth to any location and can play a key role in delivering the information you need with little advance notice. Designed for both commercial and government markets, both Viasat and our partners provide portable satellite terminals for use on high-capacity Ka-band satellites (with Ku- and X-band available). These terminals are ideally suited for high bandwidth applications, including those where uplink speeds from the remote location are more demanding than the downlink.
- Semi-fixed terminals are available in 75 cm and 1.2 m and can be quickly set-up in any location. They are ideal for temporary sites and can be moved at a moment’s notice to where communications are needed most.
- Third-party vehicle mounted and flyaway terminals are available in 75 cm and 1.2 m, many with auto acquire functionality, providing high throughput connectivity on an automobile, small truck, or portable platform.
- Multi-band SATCOM terminals that deliver worldwide IP access using X-, Ku-, and Ka-band satellites. The Global Portable Terminal 3400 (GPT-3400) weighs less than 40 lbs. and is housed in an airline IATA carry-on compliant hard case. When paired with Viasat's worldwide commercial satellite broadband network, no advanced notice is required before deploying across the globe.
Enabling Workers in the Field
- Oil and Gas. Easy transport and reliable operation in the most demanding locations supporting several bandwidth-intensive applications simultaneously to maximize the productivity of your remote exploration and maintenance teams
- Business Continuity. Establish a high-speed uplink at a moment's notice with a built-in antenna pointing aid for rapid satellite acquisition
- Government. Networked military operators can securely share full-motion HD video, high-resolution imagery, ISR, and situational awareness data in real time
- Live Events and News. Ample bandwidth at a fraction of today’s costs, even for live high-definition streaming and reporting
The terminals enable fast web browsing and support video streaming, file transfers, and bandwidth-intensive internet applications. Deliver downstream rates up to 40 Mbps and upstream rates up to 20 Mbps, with provisioning tools that enable the network operator to create different classes of service with configurable downstream and upstream rates.