Fixed and Portable Communications
Through our new approach to satellite system engineering, ViaSat is your source for bringing a new era in satellite broadband. The innovative design of our high-capacity Ka-band satellite system, featuring an integrated approach to space and ground segment technology, is transforming the performance of satellite communications and lifting the satellite industry to a more competitive position in telecommunications.
- Fixed Broadband Satellite Communications – With hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide, the largest independent consumer broadband service providers are enjoying the benefits of ViaSat broadband by satellite.
- High-Capacity Satellite System - By exploiting the full potential of Ka-band high-capacity satellites, such as ViaSat-1 and Eutelsat KA-SAT, our system can deliver more than ten times the speed and capacity of current systems at a lower cost per subscriber.
- Broadband Satellite Terminals - A complete satellite networking system of gateways, terminals, and network management that enables fast and cost-effective broadband services. The system delivers high-speed residential service and can simultaneously offer a wide range of enterprise, and mobile broadband services for commercial and government customers.
The ViaSat Broadband System is the satellite networking system behind these fast growing broadband services and it can bring the same success to you:
- Exede Ka-band Internet access in the United States
- Tooway - Internet service in Europe
- Xplornet – Find a dealer for Xplornet Internet in Canada
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, on a commercial airline or your own private aircraft, passengers have struggled with slow Internet services when they travel. The ViaSat Global Network uses Ku-band satellites to provide high-speed mobile broadband to aircraft, seagoing vessels, trains, and other vehicles. We also offer the most bandwidth and speed to commercial airlines enabling them to offer passengers the in-flight Wi-Fi experience they want.
- Exede In The Air for commercial aircraft is the first to use high-capacity Ka-band satellites, and is designed to eclipse the service quality and deliver high-speed connections no matter how many passengers are using it. With a 12 Mbps service level to every passenger, the service delivers the best passenger experience while the economics of Ka-band make it affordable for airlines.
- Yonder® service for business and VIP aircraft keeps passengers productive and entertained while onboard with the fastest connection speeds with the largest global coverage along the busiest air routes. We offer a variety of service plans to meet your needs. All service levels benefit from continuous investments in network security, coverage, operations, and data capacity.
- Maritime service, in partnership with KVH Industries, delivers reliable, high-speed Internet access to seagoing vessels over the vast majority of the busiest maritime corridors. Whether you're enjoying a leisurely cruise, need to manage a commercial business, or support offshore oil and gas exploration, the KVH mini-VSAT BroadbandSM service offers affordable and flexible subscription plans.
Beyond simply providing satellite communication systems, our mission is to engineer creative ways to improve productivity and quality of life for you and your customers. Our satellite VSAT systems extend your network for business and web-centric applications.
- Enterprise Broadband System - a complete satellite networking system that enables fast and cost-effective satellite broadband services, the system can simultaneously offer a wide range of enterprise and mobile broadband services for commercial and government customers.
- LinkWay® satellite networking seamlessly connects your advanced networking applications using IP, ATM, Frame Relay, or ISDN protocols with direct, single-hop connections between remote sites.
- LinkStar® Pro system can bring your networks increased security, reduced total operational costs, and improved network management using ViaSat advanced satellite technology for IP routing, quality of service (QoS), security, data acceleration, and compression in one single platform.
- Cellular Network Extension System enables mobile network operators to profitably deliver GSM voice, messaging, application and data services to underserved communities, or create greenfield networks, with a fully integrated cellular and satellite backhaul network.
- IP Trunking Terminals ViaSat was chosen by O3b Networks to design and produce Ka-band gateway teleports and high-speed IP trunking terminals for its new fiber-quality, satellite-based global Internet backbone.
- Network Acceleration/Optimization in the satellite broadband terminals significantly improves throughput and end-user performance for HTTP- and TCP-based applications.
- PCMA (Paired Carrier Multiple Access) is a patented, frequency re-use technique for two-way satellite communications that enables two different earth stations to use the same frequency, time slots, and/or CDMA code at the same time.
How to Buy
For information on home Internet service, visit www.exede.com.
If you are a satellite operator interested in our Ka-band ground infrastructure, email us to learn more about how we can optimize your broadband network.
Contact us for all other Broadband product and service information.
» Phone: 888-842-7281