Jun 29, 2015
ViaSat Broadens Government Security Portfolio; Adds New Cybersecurity Services and Products
CARLSBAD, Calif., June 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), an innovator in broadband and communication technologies and services, today introduced new cybersecurity service and product enhancements as part of its comprehensive government security portfolio. The new offerings provide government agencies and military forces greater flexibility in protecting and sharing classified data, as well as enable them to proactively detect and respond to threats in real-time.
ViaSat takes a total systems approach to cybersecurity; ensuring customers can securely share voice, video and data without risk of network breach or cyberattack. By leveraging a systems model, customers can optimize existing security investments and integrate new services and technologies, as needed, for a complete, trusted view of their network security infrastructure. ViaSat's enhanced portfolio now includes:
Cybersecurity Service Enhancements:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation Services: ViaSat is recognized as one of a few companies to provide vulnerability assessment and remediation services that span both cyber and physical security domains. Through an in-depth infrastructure evaluation, the Company provides a tailored and scalable roadmap to defend against an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Managed Security Services: ViaSat now offers on- and off-premise managed security services, including 24/7 support, real-time response, customizable threat intelligence and consolidated security visualization.
Government Security Product Enhancements:
- Broadest Range of Network Encryption Products: With the introduction of several new products, ViaSat now offers the broadest range of government-grade network encryption products from the fastest speeds (10G and 100G) for secure data center connectivity to the lowest size, weight and power Type 1 HAIPE® for flexibility at the tactical edge.
- Trusted Cyber Sensors: ViaSat offers trusted cyber sensing capabilities that will be available via software-upgrade in several of its high-assurance products, enabling customers to extend their ability to detect malicious activity at the outer edge of their networks. Management and update of the sensors will be provided as a managed security service.
- Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Products: ViaSat has been working with consumer electronics companies, like Dell, to secure tablets for UK Top Secret accredited levels to securely bring commercial mobile technologies to the battlefield. The Company was recently approved as a CSfC Integrator by the National Security Agency (NSA).
"ViaSat has tremendous experience in the design, development, implementation and operation of large-scale, secure government and commercial communications networks worldwide," said Jerry Goodwin, vice president, Secure Network Systems, ViaSat. "As a satellite broadband and wireless services, infrastructure and technology company with a dedicated team focused on providing security solutions to the DoD, we have a diverse understanding of the threat landscape and are continuously innovating to bring enhanced cyber protection and greater network efficiency to our customers."
ViaSat will showcase its complete government product and cybersecurity service portfolio at next week's NSA-sponsored Information Assurance Symposium in Washington D.C., June 29 - July 1 in Booth S7. Additional information on ViaSat's government cybersecurity portfolio can be found online at: www.viasat.com/secure.
ViaSat engineers creative ways to connect people to new communication applications with networking systems and services that enable a fast, cost-efficient, secure, and high-performance connection to virtually any location. The Company offers Exede® high-speed internet and broadband services in North America; worldwide mobile satellite services, including global tracking and messaging as well as high-speed in-flight internet; satellite broadband networking systems; Wi-Fi and other hotspot operations, support, and management systems; network-centric military communication systems for the U.S. and allied governments; cybersecurity; and communication system design. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, ViaSat employs more than 3,400 people worldwide in the areas of technology development, customer service, and network operations. For more information, please visit ViaSat at www.viasat.com, or follow the Company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to the safe harbors created under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward looking statements include statements about cyber sensing capabilities. Readers are cautioned that actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include: contractual problems, product defects, manufacturing issues or delays, regulatory issues, technologies not being developed according to anticipated schedules, or that do not perform according to expectations; and increased competition and other factors affecting the government sector generally. In addition, please refer to the risk factors contained in ViaSat's SEC filings available at www.sec.gov, including ViaSat's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. ViaSat undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements for any reason.
Copyright © 2015 ViaSat, Inc. All rights reserved. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. Exede is a registered trademark of ViaSat Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viasat-broadens-government-security-portfolio-adds-new-cybersecurity-services-and-products-300105950.html
SOURCE ViaSat Inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media