- Information Collection
- Notice and Choice
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Data Security
- Children and Privacy
- EEA Safe Harbor Notice
- Questions or Suggestions
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, telephone number, other contact information, company name, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, or other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
Notice and Choice
When personal information is collected, we will inform you at the point of collection of the purpose for the collection.
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information within ViaSat or to ViaSat's third party service providers unless you inform us that you do not want us to do so. Your information may be transferred across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
We will always give you the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving direct marketing or market research information. This means we will use the information you provide for direct marketing or market research information unless you take affirmative action to indicate that you do not want us to do so, for instance by clicking or checking the appropriate option or box at the point of collection.
How We Use Information Collected
ViaSat uses information for several general purposes: to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you'd like to hear about either from us or from our business partners, and to better understand your needs and provide you with better services. We may also use your information to send you, or to have our business partners send you, direct marketing information or contact you for market research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
ViaSat may send your personal information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances even if you have opted out of receiving direct marketing or market research information:
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of ViaSat to provide a product or service to you (we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they will be prohibited from using that information for any other purpose);
- If required to do so by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities or to participate or cooperate with a judicial proceeding, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our websites; or
- In the event of a merger, consolidation or reorganization involving ViaSat, acquisition of ViaSat by another company, a sale of all or a portion of ViaSat's assets, or other similar transaction, your personal information will, in most instances, be transferred to the control of a third party.
Your Ability to Review, Revise or Delete Your Personal Information
You may request to review, revise or delete any of your personal information held by us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ViaSat safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Children and Privacy
ViaSat takes the privacy of children seriously. ViaSat does not seek to collect personal information about children. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information to us is a child, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose, nor do we disclose it to third parties.
ViaSat, Inc. US adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles published by US Department of Commerce (“Safe Harbor Principles”) with respect to personal data about individuals in the EEA that subsidiaries, customers and other business partners in the EEA send to ViaSat, Inc. US. ViaSat US’s Safe Harbor Certification does not extend to data that ViaSat US receives directly through www.viasat.com or other websites (information on ViaSat US’s practices regarding data received through websites is contained in the applicable website privacy statements, if any). More information on the Safe Harbor Principles and ViaSat US’s scope of participation is available at www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com This document was last updated June 27, 2008.