Digital Communication Products for Commercial and Government Markets
ViaSat produces innovative satellite and other digital communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. We bring today’s new communication applications to people out of reach of terrestrial networks, in both the commercial and government sectors, with a variety of networking products and services.
Here you’ll find a company that is always asking,” What’s next?”, with the vertically integrated set of technologies to push the limits of what is possible for your system and service performance.
- Satellite networks for fixed-site and mobile communications
- Satellite antenna systems
- Wireless datalinks and terminals for combat situational awareness
- Cybersecurity and Information Assurance for military networking and encrypted data storage
- Mobile IP networking for soldiers
- Communication microprocessor chipsets
- Application and communication acceleration
- Satellite network and RF system design
- Communication simulation and training systems
- Global mobile satellite services for government and commercial aircraft, vehicles, and seagoing vessels
- Satellite Internet access and other broadband services for consumers, business, and government customers in the U.S.
Recognized for Innovation, Growth, and Stability
With these past awards, ViaSat is well known as a successful, innovative, high-growth company:
- World Technology Network - 2013 Winner, Communications Technology Award for high-capacity satellite system
- Arthur C. Clarke Foundation - Innovator Award, CEO Mark Dankberg
- Edison Awards 2013 - Bronze award for communications innovation
- Popular Science 2012 "Best of What's New" for Exede Internet and high-capacity satellite system
- Satellite Research and Markets - 2012 Visionary Executive of the Year
- Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) - 2012 Industry Innovator
- TechAmerica - 2011 American Technology Award in the Telecommunications
- Space News "Top 50 Space Companies"
- San Diego Magazine "Made In San Diego: 11 Cool Companies"
- Mark Dankberg American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) "2008 Aerospace International Communications Award"
- Hannover Fairs ISCe2004 Satellite Industry Award for Innovation and Technology
- Mark Dankberg Via Satellite “2003 Satellite Executive of the Year”
- Defense Systems "Super 75"
- DefenseNews "Top 100 Defense Contractors"
- DefenseNews "Fast Track 50"
- Washington Technology "Top 100 Federal Prime Contractors"
- Three-time INC. 500 prior to going public in 1996
►See What We Do at ViaSat - an Interactive Graphic
►Watch our ViaSat Overview video
Surpassing 2,900 Employees and $1 Billion in Sales
The company employs over 2,900 professional and support personnel. The largest department is engineering, with many holding graduate degrees in electrical engineering or computer science. Annual revenues hit a record $1.1 billion during the most recently completed fiscal year (ended March 29, 2013).
ViaSat is part of the well-known Linkabit Corporation “family-tree” that spawned hundreds of San Diego area telecom startups, including Qualcomm, General Instruments, and Titan. Founded in 1986 by three former M/A-Com Linkabit employees, ViaSat is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol VSAT. Go to the History, Timeline or Industry Innovation & Firsts pages for more details.
Note: ViaSat Inc. is a separate company from and is not affiliated with Viasat Broadcasting, owned by Modern Times Group, Sweden.